Open GBR National Championship, Lymington
Lymington is a very attractive Georgian market town surrounded by the New Forest National Park, and is a popular holiday destination in its own right.
Dinghy launching is down a short slipway into the river, and a short sail brings you to the open waters of the West Solent.
The schedule is:
- 1 day practice and coaching Thursday 5 July, supported by volunteer RIBs for rescue, video and practice starts, but not a formal practice race
- Day 1 racing Friday 6-July on our own course, with our own race team formed from our friends at LTSC
- Days 2 & 3 racing Saturday 7/Sunday 8 July within the Lymington Regatta Fast Fleet with our own start
- The coaching debiref will include fish and chips to aid recovery. Entry also includes a D-One social event on the Friday evening, and the full Regatta party on the Saturday night.
- Both clubs and their facilities, bars and restaurants are open to all competitors and their guests throughout the event..
The Lymington Dinghy Regatta is jointly hoisted by Lymington Town SC and Royal Lymington YC . It has grown in scale over the last few years and now sells out very quickly to its maximum 120-boat entry, The D-One Association will block book entries to ensure all those who wish to attend can do so. Entry details will be available in due course.
For Notice of Race see here: NOR Nationals 2018
Entry must be made online here: Entry Form.
Do not enter the Lymington Regatta directly at RLYC or LTSC, since this does not include the D-One Nationals!
Lymington is a busy holiday town in July, so be advised to book early. For accomodation options see here: Local_Accommodation List
Full details and Programme - including information for visitors, are here: GBR_Nationals_info